1. Nnana Egwu, a 2011 PF/C from Illinois has committed to Illinois. Wisconsin had previously offered him.
2. Wisconsin has offered 2011 SG Achraf Yacoubou (6'3") from New York. It's an odd offer since it's out of UW's usual recruiting area and Achraf has already stated his top 3 schools are UConn, Villanova, and Kentucky. I'm not liking our chances to say the least.
3. Wisconsin has also offered 2011 PG Trey Lewis (5'10") from Garfield Heights, OH. He attends the same high school as Rob Wilson and has other offers from Penn State, St. Joe's, Miami (OH), Cleveland State, Akron, and Kent State. As a sophomore, Trey scored 19.3 PPG and scored nearly two/thirds of his points from behind the arc.
4. Wisconsin has also offered 2011 G/F Markus Crider (6'6") of Huber Heights, OH. He has offers from Akron, Cincinnati, Dayton, Cleveland State, and Wright State also.
5. Wisconsin has basically decided not to pursue 6'4" 2012 SF Junior Lomomba of Madison Memorial. The most suspected reason is a difference in beliefs about the recruiting process between relative and mentor of Junior, former Badger Hennssy Auriental.
6. 6'7" 2011 SF Paul Jesperson of Merrill is starting to get some love from high major schools and Wisconsin may be pulling the trigger on an offer some time too with Coach Gard keeping tabs on him. He has recently received an offer from Arizona State and also has offers from Colorado St, Loyola (IL), North Dakota St, Northern Iowa, San Diego, South Dakota St, UW-Milwaukee, and UW-Green Bay.
7. Last but not least, practice has begun. Here are some articles about it...
Final Hill Climb
Getting to Know Jared Berggren
Day One Review
Steve Stricker and Andy North to Coach Teams in Red-White Scrimmage