Thursday, December 3, 2009

Duke Post-Game News Articles

CBS Sports' Gary Parrish: "Bo put on a marvelous coaching display and helped the Badgers to a 73-69 victory over the sixth-ranked Blue Devils late Wednesday. It reminded me of something I wrote last year, specifically this: "You know how Steve Spurrier always ranks Dule on his preseason football ballot? That's how I'm going to be with Wisconsin from now on." Naturally I forgot I ever wrote that this preseason. So I didn't rank Wisconsin. And now look. The Badgers are 5-1 with wins over Arizona, Maryland, and Duke (only loss to Gonzaga). Unless they somehow lose Saturday to Grambling (not happening) they'll appear in many relevant national rankings next week, which brings me to the following promise: "I, Gary Parrish, swear on everything I own -- including my iPod, portable GPS, and hundreds of thousands of Marriot points -- that I will never leave Wisconsin unranked in the preseason as long as Bo Ryan is coaching with his NCAA tournament streak intact. It'll never happen again. Never. Ever. There's no sense in annually being wrong about the same thing."

Yahoo! Sports' Jason King: "All of a sudden, a Wisconsin team that was sapped by departures appears capable not only of an NCAA tournament berth, but of challenging Purdue, Michigan State, and Ohio State for the Big Ten title... Manny Harris, Talor Battle, Robbie Hummel, Kalin Lucas, and Evan Turner are the five most-recognizable names in the Big Ten. But it might not be long before Trevon Hughes works his way into the mix. Hughes scored 19 of his 26 points in the second half Wednesday and is now averaging 16.1 ponts. A senior, Hughes has long been one of the Badgers' best players, but this year he's taking it to another level... I didn't come away from Wednesday's game thinking poorly about the Blue Devils... What happened at the Kohl Center said more about Wisconsin than it did about Duke."

Badger Herald #1
Badger Herald #2
madison.com #1
madison.com #2
madison.com #3
madison.com #4
Big Ten Network Recap Video
uwbadgers.com #1
uwbadgers.com #2
uwbadgers.com #3
uwbadgers.com #4
uwbadgers.com #5
Duke Chronicle #1
Duke Chronicle #2
Durham Herald-Sun #1
Durham Herald-Sun #2
goduke.com #1
goduke.com #2

No comments:

Post a Comment